Homemade Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies
The original recipe for these cookies was found on the back of the bag of Gluten Free Bag of Oats from Trader Joe's. I know that most oats are not deemed safe for people with gluten restrictions due to cross-contamination with wheat, but Trader Joe's sells a bag that is certified as gluten free.
The recipe on the back of the bag was not thorough or complete. In fact, if you didn't have much baking experience, you wouldn't be able to make the cookies! Since the cookies turned out soooooo yummy, I thought that you might like a complete version of the recipe.
WARNING: Because they are so yummy and so small, you pop them in your mouth without thinking about it! If you gain weight from these cookies, it's not my fault........I just wanted to disclose that before you made them.
Homemade Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies:
1/4 cup softened organic butter
1/2 cup organic white sugar
3/4 cup organic brown sugar
2 organic eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1 cup organic peanut butter
3 cups gluten free oats
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (we like Enjoy Life gluten, diary, soy, and nuts free ones)
1. Cream together butter and both sugars as best you can for about 2 minutes. Since there's not a lot of butter, it's not going to get super creamy.
2. Beat in 2 eggs for about 2 minutes.
3. Mix in the vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
4. Beat in the peanut butter until thoroughly combined.
5. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until just combined.
6. Line a non-airbake cookie sheet with parchment paper.
7. Using a teaspoon measuring spoon, place a teaspoon-sized dollop of dough on the cookie sheet about 1.5 -2 inches apart.
8. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges.